MOVING TIPS FROM THE MOVING PROS
A Residential Move or Commercial Move can be a very tiring and overwhelming time and it can often seem like there are a million things that need to be done at once. In order to keep yourself sane and worry-free throughout the entire process, it’s important that you always stay one step ahead of where you need to be by making a list and being organized. Listed below are a few ways to organize the packing so you can make your move a more pleasant and enjoyable experience.
Booking Your Moving Date
Secure your moving date and time with your moving company. The sooner you know, the sooner you should book to avoid overbooked situations. If you are planning your move on a weekend or a holiday, you definitely want to call ASAP.
Preparation for the Move
Proper moving boxes are recommended but not required.
- Do not use open-top boxes.
- Tape all boxes on both the top and bottom.
- Label your boxes.
- Pack all liquids in one or two boxes, and CLEARLY label it to avoid accidents.
- Wrap fragile items in linens to protect them. Mark the boxes clearly as FRAGILE.
- When packing lamp shades, always remove the light bulbs from them
1-2 Weeks Before Moving Day
- Pack the unimportant goods first.
- Reserve your elevator for the moving day if necessary
Last Week Before Moving Day
- Leave hand tools and cleaning supplies for last. You will need them for cleaning the place before you leave.
- Remove propane tank and charcoal from barbeque.
- Drain fuel from all motorized tools. Leave the fuel cap off till moving day.
- Remove curtains and blinds.
Day Before Moving Day
Pack necessary clothing and toiletry in a travelling bag.
- Pack all frozen food in boxes beforehand, then place the boxes back inside your freezer. Leave freezers plugged in as long as possible.
- Freezers will retain frozen food for 24-48 hours, depending on the season.
- Pack all your dishes. It’s a good idea to eat out the night before the move.
- Disconnect all electrical items (computers, cable boxes, stereos)
- Label the wires with masking tape.
- Remove legs from tables and sofas and shelves from cabinets.
- Secure drawers and cabinet doors.
- Keep all screws, bolts, fasteners and other small parts separately (a zip-lock bag usually works, this way reassembling won’t be stressful).
- Most of your packing should be done by now.
Day of Your Move
It is a very good idea to ask a family member or friend to take care of your pets during your move or to lock them in the bathroom to keep them safe because they tend to get frightened by all the activity involved in moving.
- Disassemble all beds and appliances, which will be moved.
- Pack the essentials you will need the moment you move in, LAST. Mark these boxes OPEN FIRST.
- Essentials you will need immediately includes:
- Hand Tools
- Cleaning Supplies
- Shower Curtain and Towels
- Toilet Paper and Toiletries
- Favorite Toys
- Alarm Clock
- Coffee Maker
- Remote Control
Inner City Moving is Insured by State Farm insurance company
- We carry moving, cargo and liability insurance coverage for $2,000,000.00 in liability coverage. This covers you from any liability or damage to property.
- We carry $100,00.00 in cargo insurance. This covers your belongings as they are in transit on our trucks in case of an accident leading to total lost.
- Since many buildings require insurance to be received within 24 hours of your scheduled move, Inner City moving can provide the insurance certificate needed in order to full fill any needs the building may have. Providing a hassle free move as the building will have the proper documentation needed to protect all involved.
Why is Moving Insurance Important?
Our insurance program is very important as it keeps our moving services professional, covers damages that are incurred. This type of protection also brings great peace of mind to our residential and business customers as they can focus on setting up their new homes and offices while the insurance company does their part. Since we only employ movers that have more than 5 years of moving experience, the need for our insurance is quite rare, but the fact that it is there to be able to cover you is something that many of our customers appreciate and lead them to be very satisfied with the services that we provide.
Quality Customer Service
Not only do we provide insurance to protect your goods and property from damage, but we also strive to give you that personal “family owned” feeling as we work hard to make things right with our customers. Our movers are there to correctly pack your things in order for the risk of damage to be minimized, as well as helping you to set it back up. This type of expertise is something that we are proud to offer here at Inner City Moving & Storage as it is unique to this industry. Our goal is to make your moving experience extremely easy and worry free, and in the event something happens, we are insured to be able to help you recover your damaged goods.
BOOK YOUR MOVING TRUCK TODAY! CALL 416-656-8924
Free Estimates Given Right Over the Phone!
As you can see, if you are looking for a Toronto Moving Service that pays attention to the small details of a move, such as delicate fragile items, family heirlooms, and expensive property, then you need look no further than the services that we offer here at Inner City Moving & Storage. Our professional and experienced staff will be able to offer you the high quality services that you are looking for in order to move your valuable goods to your new location. Contact us today for a free estimate by either calling us, e-mailing us, or filling out our online form.